What were the biggest moments in urban planning in Vancouver in 2019?
The Vancouver City Planning Commission is preparing for our fifth annual “Year-in-Review” panel event to reflect on what happened in 2019 with regards to our city’s built form, economics, quality of life and sustainability.
We are looking to identify the innovative and transformative decisions and actions around land use, neighbourhood planning and development that could significant impact the future of Vancouver.
The Chronology Committee has identified the following preliminary milestones.
- Broadway Plan (and the Broadway Subway project)
- City-wide Plan
- Climate Emergency Response
- Culture|Shift Plan
- False Creek Flats Arterial Study (and choice of Prior as East False Creek arterial)
- Federal government works with City on housing
- Provincial Ride-hailing Legislation (and Vancouver ride-hailing rules)
- Resilient Vancouver Strategy
- VanPlay: Vancouver’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan
These potential milestones will be discussed and debated at an workshop in mid November with a group urban thinkers, professionals, advocates, and community members. Their input will help us come up with a list of emerging planning and development milestones for 2019 .
Stay tuned to see which milestones remain, and which may be added.