On October 3, 2017, Vancouvrer City Council approved a program to “transform” low-density neighbourhoods by allowing denser — and more affordable — housing forms, such as multiple dwelling units in single-family (RS) zones, such as duplexes, triplexes, townhouses and infill housing, as well as “tiny homes,” collective housing and expanded secondary suites.
- View the Council meeting agenda, minutes, and video
- Read the staff report (1.5 MB)
- View the staff presentation (3.7 MB)
- Introducing Character Home Retention Incentives and New Housing Choices in RS Zones (Single-family) – Proposed Amendments to the Zoning and Development Bylaw (1.5 MB)
- Increasing Housing Choice and Character Retention Incentives in the Mount Pleasant and Grandview-Woodland Communities – Proposed Amendments to the Zoning and Development Bylaw (3 MB)
Prepared by: Karenn Krangle, Vancouver City Planning Commission Chronology Committee
Revised: Wednesday, November 29, 2017