A Dialogue on Events that Changed Vancouver
What were the biggest moments in urban planning in Vancouver in 2018?
Date: Monday, February 4, 2018
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Venue: SFU Woodward’s Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre, 149 W Hastings St. Vancouver, BC V6B 1H4
SOLD OUT – Wait list is full
A live stream on the event will be available.
TransFORMation 2018 is the 4th annual Year-In-Review forum convened by the Vancouver City Planning Commission. A panel of four eminent urbanists will look back on 2018 to discuss the significance of shifts in city decisions and policies in planning and development in Vancouver.
- Libby Davies, former Vancouver City Councillor (1982-1993) & Member of Parliament for Vancouver East (1997-2015)
- Charles Gauthier, President and CEO, Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (DVBIA)
- Ginger Gosnell-Myers, Nisga’a -Kwakwaka’wakw urban planner, researcher, and policy expert. City of Vancouver’s first Indigenous Relations Manager (2016-2018)
- Kira Gerwing, Manager of Community Investment at Vancity Credit Union. former City of Vancouver DTES planner.
- Am Johal, Director, SFU’s Vancity Office of Community Engagement
You can read all of their bios here.
Panelists will respond to a list of potential 2018 milestones that was put together following a workshop and survey. They will offer their own ideas on the game-changers of 2018. Members of the audience will have an opportunity to participate in the discussion. Identifying the turning points of the previous 12 months serves as a springboard for debate over the future of the city. Milestones that survive the evening will be considered for addition to the Chronology of Planning and Development in Vancouver.
The event is now sold out and the wait-list is full. For those not able to attend, the event will be live-streamed on YouTube.