The live-stream will begin at 7:00pm (PDT) on Monday, February 4, 2019.
TransFORMation 2018 is the 4th annual Year-In-Review forum convened by the Vancouver City Planning Commission. A panel of four eminent urbanists will look back on 2018 to discuss the significance of shifts in city decisions and policies in planning and development in Vancouver.
- Libby Davies, former Vancouver City Councillor (1982-1993) & Member of Parliament for Vancouver East (1997-2015)
- Charles Gauthier, President and CEO, Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (DVBIA)
- Ginger Gosnell-Myers, Nisga’a -Kwakwaka’wakw urban planner, researcher, and policy expert. City of Vancouver’s first Indigenous Relations Manager (2016-2018)
- Kira Gerwing, Manager of Community Investment at Vancity Credit Union. former City of Vancouver DTES planner.
- Am Johal, Director, SFU’s Vancity Office of Community Engagement
You can read all of their bios here.
Panelists will respond to a list of potential 2018 milestones that was put together following a workshop and survey. They will offer their own ideas on the game-changers of 2018. Members of the audience will have an opportunity to participate in the discussion. Identifying the turning points of the previous 12 months serves as a springboard for debate over the future of the city. Milestones that survive the evening will be considered for addition to the Chronology of Planning and Development in Vancouver.